Error while Trying to Publish App in NAV 2018 CU1

Type: System.UnauthorizedAccessException Message: <ii>Access to the path 'C:\Dignet\Extensions\Apps' is denied.</ii> StackTrace: at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Management.NavCommand.WriteError(Exception exception, ErrorCategory category, Object target, Boolean rethrow) at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Apps.Management.Cmdlets.PublishNavApp.<>c__DisplayClass30_0.<InternalValidate>b__0(String msg) at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Apps.Management.Cmdlets.PublishNavApp.InternalValidate() at Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Management.NavCommand.ProcessRecord() Source: Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Management HResult: -2147024891

Tried Running the Service with Admin Login.

The NAV administration Shell is run as administrator. Have tried giving full control of the folder for the admin account on which the Powershell is running.

The Command used is as follows.

publish-navapp -serverinstance DynamicsNAV110_ExtensionDemo -skipverification -LogPath C:\Dignet\Extensions\PublishAppError.log

C:\Dignet\Extensions\Apps

Let me know your suggestions pl.

Best Answer

• PrajeeshnairPrajeeshnair Member Posts: 9
    Answer ✓
    I have found the error. I am supposed to give the complete path including the app name
    C:\Dignet\Extensions\Apps\Prajeesh Nair_ExtensionDemo_1.0.0.0.app

This solved my error. Thank you larshaedersdal, i hope you where also pointing to the same direction.

Answers

• larshaedersdallarshaedersdal Member Posts: 12
    Where is the path part? I would expect

Publish-NAVApp -ServerInstance DynamicsNAV110_ExtensionDemo -Path 'path to my .app file' -skipverification -LogPath C:\Dignet\Extensions\PublishAppError.log
    The Error log is like below in the administration shell

>> publish-navapp -serverinstance DynamicsNAV110_ExtensionDemo -skipverification -LogPath C:\Dignet\Extensions\PublishAppError.log

cmdlet Publish-NAVApp at command pipeline position 1
    Supply values for the following parameters:
    Path: C:\Dignet\Extensions\Apps
    WARNING: UnhandledErrorMessage
    publish-navapp : Access to the path 'C:\Dignet\Extensions\Apps' is denied.
    At line:2 char:1
    + publish-navapp -serverinstance DynamicsNAV110_ExtensionDemo -skipveri ...
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Publish-NAVApp], UnauthorizedAccessException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.UnauthorizedAccessException,Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Apps.Management.Cmdlets.PublishNavApp
    You are still missing the path to the actual app file

Publish-NAVApp -ServerInstance DynamicsNAV110_ExtensionDemo -Path 'path to my .app file' -skipverification -LogPath C:\Dignet\Extensions\PublishAppError.log
    Supply values for the following parameters:
    Path: C:\Dignet\Extensions\Apps
    Tried like this as well
    Publish-NAVApp -Path D:\App -ServerInstance dynamicsnav110_extensiondemo -Confirm -LogPath C:\Dignet\Extensions\PublishAppError.log
    Answer ✓
    I have found the error. I am supposed to give the complete path including the app name
    C:\Dignet\Extensions\Apps\Prajeesh Nair_ExtensionDemo_1.0.0.0.app

This solved my error. Thank you larshaedersdal, i hope you where also pointing to the same direction.
    Prajeeshnair just as i wrote in my first answer :-)