Unable to edit Due Date in Customer Ledger Entries

asmilie2b3asmilie2b3 Member Posts: 39
We have just upgraded to 2018. We see that we cannot edit the Due Date in Customer Ledger entries any more. There is Editable setting in the field properties, page properties or the table. Users have sufficient permissions. This was possible in 2013. What might have changed? I see the "Edit" icon on the ribbon is greyed out.

Answers

• einsTeIn.NETeinsTeIn.NET Member Posts: 1,050
    Sorry, I don't have access to 2018 at the moment, but in the past it was like this:

The permission to do this is granted by three different levels:
    1. The license need to permit this indirectly because Ledger Entries are usually blocked for direct access in customer licenses.
    2. The object that performs the modification needs to permit this indirectly as well (Permissions property)
    3. The user needs to have indirect permission to the Ledger Entries in question.
    I suggest to check all all three levels bottom up.
    "Money is likewise the greatest chance and the greatest scourge of mankind."
  • KishormKishorm Member Posts: 921
    This is a bug in a few versions of NAV 2018 - you need to add Table 21 (read & modify) to the "Permissions" property of Page 25 Customer Ledger Entries
  • lubostlubost Member Posts: 611
    You should rethink your process. Posted document shouldn't be modified.
  • KishormKishorm Member Posts: 921
    lubost wrote: »
    You should rethink your process. Posted document shouldn't be modified.

The ability to amend "Due Date" on Customer Ledger Entries is standard in NAV - always has been

Also, you need to be able to amend fields like "On Hold" on both "Customer Ledger Entries" and "Vendor Ledger Entries" - again, standard NAV
  • lubostlubost Member Posts: 611
    Accept (Kishorm). My post concern to general rule. In many countries "don't touch posted documents" is legal requirement and changed posted document can be evaluated as inconclusive bookkeeping. Especially dates are widely tested by finance controllers. My own experience: finance controller compared printed document from partner side to our data representation.