Max Data Rows Allowed to Send to Excel property does not work ?

mcoscasmcoscas Member Posts: 34
Hi everybody,

I changed the value of the "Max Data Rows Allowed to Send to Excel" property in the NAV Administration tool to 1 record only. After restart teh service I exported the "Chart Of Accounts" list (Page 16) and what a surprise ... all the records have been exported to excel and I have not got any error !

Is someone knows this issue ?

Thanks in advance,
Michael.

Best Answer

• mcoscasmcoscas Member Posts: 34
    Answer ✓
    Finally I found the problem. It seems to be a bug from Microsoft. When the Execl Add-In is installed the property seems to be disable. Once I uninstalled the Excel Add-In from the setup.exe it works fine, I get the following error: "Microsoft Dynamics NAV. The Excel document cannot be generated because it will contain 68 rows, and the maximum number of rows that are allowed is 1.
    Set filters on data to decrease the number of rows, and try again." :)

Answers

• RockWithNAVRockWithNAV Member Posts: 1,139
    Tools --> Option --> Max. no. of XML records to send
    Hi,
    Thanks for your reply but according to the Microsoft Help site the "Max. no. of XML records to send" option is used for page that the type is different from "List" but in my case (Chart Of Accounts) this is a list.
    However I tried to change this option and it did not help me either :(
  • RockWithNAVRockWithNAV Member Posts: 1,139
    I think post NAV 2013 it has certain limitations.

Try changing in .config file

• Change parameter in file C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\100\ClientUserSettings.config
    • Change parameter in file C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\100\ClientUserSettings.config
    I did not find the first file "C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\100\ClientUserSettings.config"
    About the second file "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\100\ClientUserSettings.config" I changed it but no change...

Thanks,
    Michael
  • KTA8KTA8 Member Posts: 388
    mcoscas wrote: »
    I did not find the first file "C:\Users\admin\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\100\ClientUserSettings.config"
    Replace admin by your username

Thanks but did not help :(
    Maybe the Installation architecture is te cause ?
    All the environments (Dev, Test, PreProduction and Staging) are installed in the same server, each one with its own instance. Is all the instance must have the same parameter values ?
    mcoscas wrote: »
    Maybe the Installation architecture is te cause ?
    All the environments (Dev, Test, PreProduction and Staging) are installed in the same server, each one with its own instance. Is all the instance must have the same parameter values ?

If you've change it in the instance you wanted; that shouldn't be a problem. Other thing is that isn't the right deployment architecture.
    Maybe if a issue in that version. Have you tried to open a list from the list and do the same? For example in chart of account, view the entries for one account (that also a list) but it will open a new page (not the general one)
    Hi,
    I tried your option but the same ! Also from the ledger entries it exports all the entries even though I limited to 1 row only.
    I despair ! :(
  • RikoRiko Member Posts: 4
    Try to check the file "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\100\Service\CustomSettings.config", there should be a line like:
    <add key="MaxRowsToExportToExcel" value="MaxValue" />
    Check its value, if it's 5000, just put "MaxValue".

PS: Replace 100 with the version of your NAV:
    NAV2013: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\70\Service\CustomSettings.config"
    NAV2015: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\80\Service\CustomSettings.config"
    NAV2016: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\90\Service\CustomSettings.config"
    NAV2017: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\100\Service\CustomSettings.config"
    NAV2018: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\110\Service\CustomSettings.config"

Hope it helps.
    But "MaxValue" must disable the property that means there is no limit and I want to limit to 1 row only...
    try Riko's idea an put 1 instead of MaxValue
    I have already tried it but still does not work...
    Answer ✓
    Finally I found the problem. It seems to be a bug from Microsoft. When the Execl Add-In is installed the property seems to be disable. Once I uninstalled the Excel Add-In from the setup.exe it works fine, I get the following error: "Microsoft Dynamics NAV. The Excel document cannot be generated because it will contain 68 rows, and the maximum number of rows that are allowed is 1.
    Set filters on data to decrease the number of rows, and try again." :)