Options

You must upgrade navision client to the latest version to view database.

Hi all

I am on Nav 2009 cc. Recently we have added new client system running on Windows 10 Home edition. After Nav client installation, while login to navision initially i was getting SQL startup parameter error which i had resoled. Now while login to navision i find following error:

"The XXXX database on the server XXXXX cannot be opned by this version of Dynamics navision. The Database is alreay been converted by newer program vesion. You must upgrade navision client to the latest version to view database.

This the only client running on windows 10 where all other clients are on windows 8.1 below, please advice.

thanks
satish

Answers

• Options
    RemkoDRemkoD Member Posts: 100
    Hi Satish,

It looks like the server is running on a higher cumulative update than the NAV client you've installed.
    Check with Programs and Features the version number of the NAV installation on the client and on the server. Check if there is any difference. The version number should be the same.
  • Options
    sathishmadhavsathishmadhav Member Posts: 71
    Hi Remko

Thanks for your reply,
    When all other clients on my network are working perfectly without any issues why only on this client, even though any other versions of nav is running on the server.

• Options
    I am not very familiar with NAV 2009. Have you check that you've installed exactly the same build on the new machine as the ones installed on the other client machines?

Somewhere along the way of NAV releases the parameter 'Build Restriction' showed up in the NST configuration with the options 'DoNotAllow', 'WarnClient' and 'AlwaysConnect'.
    Build Restriction
    Specifies if Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server must allow, warn or prevent a connection from a client that is built with a different build number.

I can imagine this property excised before in another configuration file, client configuration or something like that. I don't know but maybe it gives you a clue.
  • Options
    Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    Go to the PC where your classic client works. Find the finsql.exe executable (usually lives in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\6.0\Classic\ ), right click on it, click Details tab, and make a note of the version number of your executable. It will be in format 6.0.nnnnnn

The nnnnn is the build number of your classic client. You need to install the same version on your new PC. If you don't have the installer you can copy the content of Classic folder (or whatever the folder name where you found the finsql.exe) to the new PC, overwritting all the files at the destinations.

If your copy all of the client binaries, and all folders underneath the folder where finsql.exe lives, the copied client will probably work - most of the time. Some of the features, like e-mailing (through Outlook or SMTP server) may not be working properly in copied client, as some of dlls acting as interfaces between NAV and external components differs from version to version, and won't work without being properly registered
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
  • Options
    If you don't have the installer you can copy the content of Classic folder (or whatever the folder name where you found the finsql.exe) to the new PC, overwritting all the files at the destinations.
    That is a good option.
    Some of the features, like e-mailing (through Outlook or SMTP server) may not be working properly in copied client
    Satish installed an older version already. I think the integration with Windows/ other program's won't be a problem if you've installed NAV from an original dvd, even though it's an older client. If you replace the client folders with the folders from the other machine it's probably going to work. Like you've described.