Setup a work flow For Sales Quote For Contact (Not a Customer)

DAMINDAMIN Member Posts: 3
edited 2018-08-01 in NAV Three Tier
Hello
I need some help,
My client requested for creating a sales quote for contact.
I'm facing a problem with Approval process in sales quote,
After approval, the status of the document hasn't changed to released, it's still Pending Approval and no approval entry (454) exists.
I have created a workflow using the standard templates for sales document (zero modification).
Can someone help me?
I'm working on NAV 2017 RU 9.

Answers

• Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    What do you mean by "creating a sales quote with contact." ?
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
  • DAMINDAMIN Member Posts: 3
    That's mean create a sales quote for a contact without having a customer record (leaving the customer no. empty on the quote)
  • Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    That's impossible without modifications. In order to create standard Sales Quote you have to have a Customer record created. And with modifications allowing you to create Sales Quote without Customer No. expect troubles as various part of the system expects Sell-To Customer No. to be populated - so you will end up making modifications/fixes in many, many places.

Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
  • DAMINDAMIN Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for your reply but It's possible without modifications, The NAV standard allows us to do it, Just we should make a quick setup and work with customer template Code in sales quote, That's all.
    My question is about a bug in the approval process for the sales quote for contacts when the approver accepts the document.