Auto Restore in NAV 2016 CU30 Database

navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
Dear Sir,

I have posted few Sales Orders in NAV 2016 CU30 Database.

After that I have found nothing when I try to find them in the Posted Sales Invoice page. Even I have not found any entries in G/L Entry Table/Customer Ledger Table, etc....related to that Documents posting.

During further investigation, I have found that a old backup file has been restored in my database & replaced all the activity.
I just want to know how this auto backup restoration activity is executed without any SQL JOB/ User interaction ?

Is it possible ? o:)

Thank you.
Now or Never

Answers

• Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    Nope. Computers do not act auto-magically. There is always some user action involved at some point, one way or another.

Run this is SSMS:
    SELECT DISTINCT TOP 20 destination_database_name, restore_date, [user_name], restore_type
    FROM msdb.dbo.RestoreHistory 
    ORDER BY restore_date DESC

It will give you some insight about who and when.

Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
  • navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
    Nope. Computers do not act auto-magically. There is always some user action involved at some point, one way or another.

Run this is SSMS:
    SELECT DISTINCT TOP 20 destination_database_name, restore_date, [user_name], restore_type
    FROM msdb.dbo.RestoreHistory 
    ORDER BY restore_date DESC

It will give you some insight about who and when.

I agree.

The change I had noticed within 10 minutes time gap. But if anyone had restored the database, I know it will take 40-60 minutes minimum...

That's why I'm asking.... o:)
    Now or Never
  • Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    edited 2018-07-18
    The other possibility would be that you did not post the order, but deleted it instead :) Yet another possibility is that you have posted the order in different company, or maybe in completely different database (restored test copy of your production environment ?).

It happens sometimes. I remember a case of a user who logged to a fresh test copy of our production database, closed client, went for lunch, came back, opened client and kept working as usual - not noticing that they had logon second time to the test environment. The next day raised a ticket that NAV is not working because theirs yesterday's work is not there.
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03