Options

Low performance with rapidstart in NAV2018

AitorEGAitorEG Member Posts: 342
Hi everyone,

I'm finding a extrange problem in NAV 2018 that it's driving me mad, I upgraded a customer's server from 23013 to 2018. In 2013, rapidstart was workimng perfeclty, but in NAV20418, we're finding performance issues. For example, a package from a table with 2 records, and 600 occurrences, it takes over 10 minutes when applying the package. When I import he excel, it is really wuick, but the problem appears when I apply the package, it takes too long as you can sse, and Navision stays in "Not responding" until the process ends.

This procecss should be realy quick, more gicen that this process, in NAV2013, with a worse server, was working perfectly.

has anyone found this issue? It's a known problem? How can be improved the performance of rapidStart?

Thank you very much

Answers

• Options
    OfficeZierOfficeZier Member Posts: 5
    Try to build server objects, make a schema sync and compile everything. If that doesn't work, try to delete object metadata and rebuild it.

We had it, that the server had old metadata of objects and tried to handle everything on demand.

Also, try to click through the system, there is a possibility, that a few objects have e.g. a function call with wrong parameters, that couldn't be found of the compiler. It's a bit luck based, but if you come across one of these, the client will tell you, that there's something wrong.