Options

NAV2017 Align Page Fields without a caption

TalesTales Member Posts: 2
edited 2018-04-26 in NAV Three Tier
Hello, I am trying to create a card page for work and I am unsure how to do this. I am new to NAV and very inexperienced so making this pretty is not coming to me.

I have a pair of fields, one being a code field with a reference to another table. The other being a FlowField which is a description of the code that is selected. I would like the flow field to appear below the code selection box without adding an additional caption, but when I do this NAV does not align the field with the field above but rather aligns it with the caption of the above field (Screenshot 1).h9xw9ammvcc8.png

If I add in a caption on the flow field, it displays aligned properly (Screenshot 2). 2m9cs4ahmjn8.png

Is there a way I can get the flow field to appear aligned with the code field without having a caption?

I have also tried putting this flow field on the same row as the code selection field using grid layouts, hf5plrfboq8o.png
however, this severely limits the space available for the flow field. If anyone has a suggestion of a nicer way to show this sort of thing I am open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

Answers

• Options
    Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    Try using a single space in field caption, and group the two fields together to avoid being them being separated

Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
  • Options
    TalesTales Member Posts: 2
    edited 2018-04-26
    Unfortunately the caption attribute does not allow for a space and just sets it back to default unless there are characters in the attribute
  • Options
    NavNabNavNab Member Posts: 181
    Hello,
    Put this '3,' + ' ' in the CaptionClass property. But you'll get an ugly colon like this:
    dpakvf2zx8n3.png
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,096
    [Topic moved from 'NAV Tips & Tricks' forum to 'NAV Three Tier' forum]

Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!