General Data Protection Regulation - GDPR

RikarddoRikarddo Member Posts: 80
Hello,

As you may know after 25th May, a new GDPR starts in UE. I will like to discuss here if it is possible to use NAV 2016 to control that new regulation.
According to it, the Enterprise will have to send an e-mail to the customer asking his consent to use his data to for example marketing means.

Going to the point:

Is there anyway that NAV can "read" an email and integrate it into a table. For example a customer that gives his consent, the answer email would get into a email box, and then NAV would treat the data such as Name, Email body etc and integrate it into a table, so that we can assure and have the prove of that consent.

I've been searching in forums and dont find nothing that can help me.
Here, is there anyone that worked or had this smiliar situation?

Would like to read some opinions. Thanks.

Comments

• Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    You certainly can make customisation to read mailboxes and store incoming messages, say in the Interaction Log Entry / Attachment tables. You also can get access in the code to email body or header or attachments.

But having an access to the email text is a one thing, and making NAV to 'understand' that the email is actual consent (or maybe not) is a whole different ball game
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
  • RikarddoRikarddo Member Posts: 80
    I set up the email logging in NAV in marketing configuration.
    And then created a job to run codeunit 5065.
    Yet i can not understand how the email will create a interaction in the table interaction log entry.

Help ? please...