Prod Order Operation Routings to Bins??

We are in the process of implementing Warehouse Management in NAV 2017, and we have a scenario, which it seems NAV should be able to accommodate:

- We have Manufactured Items with a multiple Component BOM and multiple Operation Routing
- As we manufacture a batch of material on a specific machine, it gets to a certain point where it needs to wait (3-14 days) for the Next Operation
- In this scenario, lets say the batch of material needs to “cure”, and it’s quantity is significant where it is stored on several pallets
- This is not the Last Operation on the Routing, because after it “cures” there are additional Operations, primarily for labeling and pack-out
- Here is the question/issue during that “curing” wait time, the pallets of material are moved to areas in the warehouse identified with Bin Codes
o Is it possible to have Output from a middle Operation (that is not the Last Operation) go to a Bin Code?
o Alternatively, is it possible to move/identify a Manufacturing Production Order to a Bin Code?

Answers

• 5rain5rain Member Posts: 2
    I can't think of how you can accomplish what you'd like to do as stated without significant modifications.

Have you considered treating the product being produced as an intermediate, or sub-assembly, and splitting the production order tracking into 2 separate tasks; one for producing the intermediate so you can post output and track it's location in the warehouse while it cures, and a separate one for the packaging operations for the finished product? To make it easier to match the intermediate and finished item you could do this on a single production order with separate lines for the intermediate and packaged item.
  • BrianFailleBrianFaille Member Posts: 5
    Thanks for the reply. Yes, that is being considered, but since we are ISO Certified, that also has implications on the associated paperwork that we are trying to minimize. Additionally, we do not want to modify anything.

I just seems to me there has to be a way to park an Production Order and it's WIP into a Bin based on a Middle Operation Output and not the Production Order Output.

My experience tells me that Companies often start Production Orders, and for whatever reason (personnel, materials, equipment, cancellations) the Production Order is stopped for a period of time. That Production Order's WIP is combined/organized and stored in a Warehouse Bin(s) until the Production Order is ready to be resumed.