New Sections for New Tech?

JDVyskaJDVyska Posts: 176Member
When 2009/RTC came out, the "Three Tier" forum was spun up since it was dramatically different from Classic.

Could we please get a new section for Extensions/AL?

Might even be useful to have sections for Dynamics 365, as well as Web/Mobile Client, but those I'm not feeling as strongly about.

I'd be happy to help work through thread history to migrate threads there if that's a factor.
JEREMY VYSKA
Senior Dynamics NAV Developer, Update Affärssystem, Göteborg, Sweden
Remember: If you use Ask a Question, it can be marked as Answered and will be more visible!

Best Answer

Answers

• JDVyskaJDVyska Posts: 176Member
    JEREMY VYSKA
    Remember: If you use Ask a Question, it can be marked as Answered and will be more visible!
    Good call. I'll mark it done. My suggested forum breakouts, btw, are:

- AL Programming
    - Extensions (distinct from above to cover the business process, some of the extension development methods, deploying, upgrading, etc)
    - Business Central Cloud
    - Business Central On-Premise

I still also think we need separate sections also for:
    - Web Client
    - Mobile Client
    - PowerShell

These are distinct enough with lots of various limitations that finding help on these topics can be tricky.
    JEREMY VYSKA
  • RemkoDRemkoD Posts: 87Member
    Separation between NAV development and NAV deployment could be considered too.
  • Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Posts: 1,647Member
    It is all good, however, people still ask about pages in NAV Classic Client section and forms in 3Tier.. Too many options may confuse even more...

just a random thought...
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
    Ouch. I see what you mean.
    JEREMY VYSKA
    I asked again, because now I'm starting to deal more and more with wanting to talk AL with folks here, but it's a hodge-podge if I'm trying to find AL specific solutions to working with, say, RecordRefs (an example). I get results from 10 years ago that aren't relevant.
    JEREMY VYSKA
  • kinekine Posts: 12,562Member
    I just hit this discussion when I wanted to find something connected to BC OnLine (user management in BC Online) and I see after long time I was not here, that last section is still Three-tier as it was when I left this forum (unintentionally, just no enough free time). I think it is a must to make big split between BC and NAV and between AL development and C/Side. Because if I will search for e.g. using options datatypes in AL, I will be flooded by results for C/Side which could be irrelevant.

Please, add at least>

Business Central OnPrem
    Business Central OnLine
    AL Development

Thanks!
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • kinekine Posts: 12,562Member
    Sent as feedback too...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Fingers crossed. I admit, I don't know who admins around here enough to know if this will ever get an answer. The moderators are great, but no idea if there's a captain at the helm (Luc's been inactive on the site since 2017 according to profile).
    JEREMY VYSKA