Options

NAV Upgrade from 2015 to 2018

abz_tecmanabz_tecman Member Posts: 27
Hello all

I have upgraded a NAV 2015 C11 DB to NAV 2018 CU3, application objects and database as per MSDN.

However when I load some pages in NAV 2018, i have buttons that appear with captions 'Actions22,# etc which refer to the same button in 2015, i.e. copy document, however the action numbers are changed between 2015 and 2018.

y8nki0xeqvio.jpg

the design of the pages are identical to a vanilla version of 2018 cronus, what causes this and what is the fix?

Thanks for everybody's help in advance.
Abz

Best Answer

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Answer:

It is user personalisation issue. I deleted it for page 51 and the issue was no longer there,

question is, if i deleted the user personalisation for me, and i go and do the same for all users, will they lose their custom views / button + ribbon layout + column sets when they load the page? Is there a way of retaining,

i noticed an extra column in the 'delete personalisation page' called 'legacy personalisation, but i'm not sure what it does.

it is a rule that when you do an upgrade you also delete User Personalizations if a page has been modified. The reason for that is that the personalizations are "hooked" into a specific page on a specific build.

So even if you do an upgrade from NAV 2018 CU2 to NAV 2018 CU3 - and the page has changed, it probably won't work.

This means, that every time I upgrade a database, i always delete user personilizations - just to be on the safe side, OR train the users to do a reset of a page if something looks wrong.
    Abz

Answers

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Answer:

It is user personalisation issue. I deleted it for page 51 and the issue was no longer there,

question is, if i deleted the user personalisation for me, and i go and do the same for all users, will they lose their custom views / button + ribbon layout + column sets when they load the page? Is there a way of retaining,

i noticed an extra column in the 'delete personalisation page' called 'legacy personalisation, but i'm not sure what it does.

it is a rule that when you do an upgrade you also delete User Personalizations if a page has been modified. The reason for that is that the personalizations are "hooked" into a specific page on a specific build.

So even if you do an upgrade from NAV 2018 CU2 to NAV 2018 CU3 - and the page has changed, it probably won't work.

This means, that every time I upgrade a database, i always delete user personilizations - just to be on the safe side, OR train the users to do a reset of a page if something looks wrong.
    Abz