NAV 2018 RTM Job Queue - Enqueue - Scheduled task record created, but never executed

SogSog Posts: 1,023Member
During tests of creating a job queue entry via codeunit 453 Job Queue - Enqueue via a webservice running under a super account, I notice the following behaviour:
Job queue entry is created, status is set to ready and has a system task ID.
In the table Scheduled Task, I see a new entry being created under the account calling the web service.
A moment later the entry is removed (possibly because the task scheduler picked it up), but the job queue entry remains untouched.
Job Queue's scheduled is set to "No", the corresponding system task id has been removed.

When running the same code via a client session, everything behaves as normal, but when it's a web service session, the described behavior is showing.
Has anybody run into this issue?
Web service is of the SOAP kind, did not test this with ODATA
|Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
|To-Increase|

Best Answers

  • SogSog Posts: 1,023
    Accepted Answer
    And after plowing through a lot of scenarios, it appears it's an NAV 2018 RTM bug resolved in the CU1. See here: cumulative-update-01-for-microsoft-dynamics-nav-2018 item number 253071

    So a CU 1 upgrade is required for a correctly functioning job queue in various scenarios. What I did notice is that even when the NETWORK SERVICE was directly logged into the rtc, the issue persisted.
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|

Answers

  • SogSog Posts: 1,023Member
    I did not expect that to be an issue, but you're correct Slawek. Changing the calling user account to my owndid make it work. Now I have to figure out why the other user account couldn't schedule the task. (which was NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE) I know it shouldn't be a super user, but this of course isn't a production environment.
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
  • julkifli33julkifli33 Posts: 794Member
    I used NAV 2018 CU 03 (AU version) still got this kind of error.
    any clue?
  • julkifli33julkifli33 Posts: 794Member
    my case is similar like this case below

    "Job queue entry is created, status is set to ready and has a system task ID.
    In the table Scheduled Task, I see a new entry being created under the account calling the web service.
    A moment later the entry is removed (possibly because the task scheduler picked it up), but the job queue entry remains untouched.
    Job Queue's scheduled is set to "No", the corresponding system task id has been removed."
  • SogSog Posts: 1,023Member
    The issue still appears on a test environment in CU1. After changing the calling user of the webservice to a domain user, the issue disappeared. We still need to execute more tests, but what we found out is that under network service, tasks cannot be scheduled under some scenarios
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
  • julkifli33julkifli33 Posts: 794Member
    I am using nav 2018 CU 03, if the service starts using network service, then it cant run job queue.
    but if using domain account then it can run...
    my 2017 edition no issue either using network service nor domain account
Sign In or Register to comment.