Recurring Sales Invoicing advice needed.

TPReggieTPReggie Member Posts: 29
Hi All,

I have a query around recurring invoicing in NAV. This is 2017 version. I am aware of the standard sales codes option. However I am not convinced this will meet the requirements we have - although it does allow for items to be created on a customer by customer basis, and allows you to determine the currency code, and when you run the "Get Recurring Sales Lines" function it allows you to specify a document date and a posting date. I cannot see how/where it can fill the other holes I have. Would any of you be able to advise on whether it can do this - and if not, whether there is a prebuilt NAV addon for recurring invoicing that would be worth my having a look at?

1. We are doing around 1000 invoices per quarter this is all for subscription licenses. Some are quarterly billing, some are monthly. I cannot see anywhere in NAV using Standard Sales Codes, and Recurring Sales Lines where I can set a frequency on either a line, or customer basis in order to allow me to specify which should be created monthly and which should be created quarterly.
2. Our invoices have a specific line of text at the top - along the lines of "Quarterly License Billing Q1 2018" which will change to Q2 2018 at next run and so on. I cannot see anywhere where this could be done. Testing seems to show that NAV simply adds the line items to the line and creates the invoice - and that is it.

Any ideas or suggestions on this would be gratefully received.

Best Answer

Answers

• mdPartnerNLmdPartnerNL Member Posts: 802
    I have customized the "blanket orders" with a frequency field and changed the way those default orders are created. But how do you do it now?
  • TPReggieTPReggie Member Posts: 29
    I have customized the "blanket orders" with a frequency field and changed the way those default orders are created. But how do you do it now?

Blanket Order modifications wont work as this creates Orders, and we want to create Invoices directly, so will likely be more work unfortunately.