Chart Page not shown in Webclient

mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
edited 2014-09-11 in NAV Three Tier
Hi All,

I have created a CardPart page using Business Chart logic like explained here

http://www.olofsimren.com/custom-business-chart-add-in-example-for-nav-2013-r2/

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/suvidha/archive/2014/05/21/microsoft-dynamics-nav-2013-business-chart-explained.aspx

When I add the Chart Page to Rolecenter page, it is showing and working fine in RTC but not showing in Webclient.

What might be the problem?

Comments

• TonyDuarteTonyDuarte Member Posts: 92
    WebClient doesn't support Chart's, in both NAV 2013 and NAV 2013 R2.

Webclient will ignore the chart.

These 2 links are about "Feature Limitations of the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Web Client"

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh168959(v=nav.70).aspx

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh168959(v=nav.71).aspx

Hope it solves your question :)
  • mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
    If you look at the msdn link which I provided above
    Business charts provide advanced functionalities such as:
    •Displaying complex data that is calculated on a page.
    •Allowing end users to filter data and drill down to the details from the chart
    •Allowing dynamic filtering of data
    Being supported on Dynamics NAV Web client

Here I am attaching sample screenshot from Cronus database

I see business charts are different.

Only your page is missing the chart or is it happening in others?
    It might be a "shot in the dark" but did you restart the service? It might be accessing an in memory version of the objects....
    Ok, I've been reading a few more things...

I assume that you have done the following:

"If you’re not able to see these charts on the President role center, you can add them by using Customize this page option.
    Once added, if there is nothing shown on these graphs, change the filters using Select Chart or Show buttons on these charts.
    When the chart is displayed, click on the chart to experience the drill down functionality."

As microsoft wrote:
    Add Charts to Role Centers and List Places

"To add a predefined chart to your Role Center
    On your Role Center, on the Application menu Microsoft Dynamics NAV Application menu, select Customize, and then Customize this Page.
    In the Customize the Role Center window, in the Available parts field, select Chart Part, and then choose Add.
    Use the Move Up, Move Down, Move Left, and Move Right buttons to position the Chart Part on your Role Center.
    Choose Customize Part.
    In the Customize Chart window, select the predefined chart that you want to display, and then choose the OK button."

Found this website that gives a deeper understanding.
    View of the pattern

If you aren't missing steps I doubt that I can help you more...
  • mark_aumark_au Member Posts: 40
    Hi Mohana,

I believe I'm having the same issue, but just with the cronus charts, in a fresh install of 2013 R2 Update 10. Strangely, the charts work fine on Chrome, but not Internet Explorer.

Did you try multiple browsers? And by any chance, did you work out what the issue was?

[Edit] Okay fixed my problem, I'm a bit stupid, it was because I'm on a server and Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration was enabled. I disabled it and then could see the chart in IE as well.
  • bartekzbartekz Member Posts: 3

In my case for NAV 2015 I went to the page "Control Add-ins" and selected the record with the Business Chart add-in. Then I selected "Import" action and imported the file from C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\80\Service\Add-ins\BusinessChart

After that I refreshed the page and the business chart appeared in the web client (it was on a Role Center).