Options

Renaming G/L Accounts

HamdanHamdan Member Posts: 9
Hello Everyone !

It's well known that in previous versions of Dynamics NAV you were having the ability to rename G/L accounts with posted transactions. However, starting from version 2015 or 2016 (not sure really) Microsoft disabled this feature. I was wondering why did they do that.. I mean the structure of COA in NAV is totally dependent on the numbering of accounts and thus you may have the need to rename your accounts in case you decided to do some restructuring for your COA. So I can't see the point of preventing such cool feature really. does anyone know ?

Kind Regards

Comments

• Options
    NavNabNavNab Member Posts: 181
    Hello,

I believe Microsoft does not disable this feature (W1 version). Maybe it is a customization on your database ?
  • Options
    No, they did. they modified the options from the properties on No. Field in the G/L table into disabled. it's even on Cronus environment.

I'll try to upload a screen shot within one hour.
  • Options
    Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    edited 2018-01-09
    I can think of the Account Schedules as a possible reason - if it has been disabled by the MS indeed.

If you rename the G/L Account, the Account Schedule relating to that account will not be updated, breaking the consistency.

Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
  • Options
    Yes, indeed. if you're planning to do restructuring for your COA, then you need to consider checking Account Schedule as well in order to have consistency. You're right. Can you think of any other reasons ?
  • Options
    Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    edited 2018-01-09
    Vat Statement, Analysis Views, Cash flows, XBRL mapping? Same issue.
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
  • Options
    True, all dynamics reporting will have the same. it should be part of the restructuring plan. I agree.
  • Options
    NavNabNavNab Member Posts: 181
    Hamdan wrote: »
    No, they did. they modified the options from the properties on No. Field in the G/L table into disabled. it's even on Cronus environment.

I'll try to upload a screen shot within one hour.

Which localization you use? Or maybe your Cronus is customized also :smiley:
    I just checked my NAV 2017 (W1, FR and BE) freshly restored databases. All are okay. I can rename G/L Accounts.
  • Options
    No localization. It's W1. However, I did some further investigation and realized that there were some mis-understanding. Yes guys, u were right. they didn't disable that feature. Which is a good news for me. Thanks everyone :)