Better than NF 2.5?

wonmowonmo Member Posts: 139
edited 2002-02-15 in Navision Attain
Hi,

We are looking to upgrade our NF 2.5 installation to Navision Attain. As it stands we have a large amount of customized objects (ie. 80 tables, 300 forms, etc.). It will be a lot of work obviously. My question is this: From a programmer's point of view, is Attain a better product? What are some of the main enhancements and differences? And what would be some of the more common issues regarding the upgrade?

Much obliged for any help.

Comments

• timetime Member Posts: 8
    I´d wait for a next release (I hear Attain 3.1 is out soon)

We´ve been having some troubles with 3.01
  • wonmowonmo Member Posts: 139
    What would some of those problems be? Operational, developmental, etc.?
  • John_TegelaarJohn_Tegelaar Member Posts: 159
    Basically, Attain is more of the same, but then again - it's a lot more. To name a few: multiple dimensions for analysis, warehouse management (although not complete yet in its current state), service management, non-stock items, greatly improved CRM, decent handling of Returns (both sales and purchases), integrated manufacturing.

Without knowing in which area you have done modifications, it's difficult to say if you may encounter problems. We are currently updating a customer from 2.5 to Attain 3.01B and took the chance to do a major re-design of the mods. A bit more work now, but it allows to use a lot more of the standard functionality, which pays back at the next update (saw 3.10 already and more updates are expected later this year).

In short: Attain is much more complete, and your customer will benefit from an upgrade for sure.

John