Data migration error NAV 13 to NAV18

sergigrau2sergigrau2 Member Posts: 3
edited 2017-12-18 in General Chat
Hi,

I wanted to ask you about the process of data migration from NAVISION 2013 to NAVISION 2018, since once I have passed step number 11, the following guide https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics-nav/upgrading-the-data, and I execute the synchronization of the data schema, I get the following error:

4w4irglu5fcb.png

The translated message is as follows: "The 'default' subscriber can not be accessed".

I have tried with the access permissions to the BD, I have repeated the migration process several times, but there is no way to overcome this step.

Thank you very much in advance.

Sergi.

Answers

• Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    I guess that the proper translation is more like

"The tenant 'default' can not be accessed".

It looks like you have created or have a multi-tenant installation. If it is the case I think you may need to mount your default tenant before accessing it.

Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
  • sergigrau2sergigrau2 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for your reply,
    We didn't set up the multi-tenant option. Could this be a problem that comes from the insatlation of NAV 2018? Would you recommend re-installing NAV 2018?

We are upgrading from 2009 how could it have converted to multi-tenant?
    Thanks in advance.
    I have very little experience with multi-tenant installations. It is just the error text seemed to me to be multi-tenant related - the two keywords which prompted me to think about are the "default" word - which is the name/ID of default tenant, and "cannot be accessed"

Maybe you have installed the NAV2018 ib Multi-Tenancy mode somehow when you performed step 6?
    Slawek Guzek
    I have just found this

NAv2017, Cumulative Update 13, KB 233463 : The "The tenant 'default' was not found" error is shown when you try to migrate tenants from Dynamics NAV 2016 to Dynamics NAV 2017 by mounting them.

So perhaps this is some sort of bug and the CU1 for 2018 will fix it
    Slawek Guzek
  • GauravwadhwaGauravwadhwa Member Posts: 4
    Hi for migrating the data please refer to this link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics-nav/upgrading-the-data and for NAV 2018 upgrade read here