Options

Permission for third-party page object not working

rsaritzkyrsaritzky Member Posts: 469
Hi,

We have a third-party addon that uses a page numbered in the 88000 range as a web service page. Everything works in our development database, and I can open the page directly.

However, in our live database, when I try to run the page, or if the user runs a function that access the page via webserivce, we receive the error:
You do not have the following permissions on Page General Journal DP: Execute
Page Edit - General Journal DynamicPoint must close.

The license file installed in our DEV and LIVE databases are identical. The page objects are identical and were imported from DEV to LIVE. We've restarted the service tier with no effect.

Has anyone seen this type of problem before?

Thanks

Ron
Ron

Answers

• Options
    YuryYury Member Posts: 59
    Hi, Ron.
    You should check user Role and Permissions in live database.
    Regards,
    Yury
  • Options
    vaprogvaprog Member Posts: 1,118
    Yury wrote: »
    user Role
    This is (mostly) called User Permission Set in more recent versions of NAV (just to avoid (or cause?) confusion).

• Options
    Yes - to clarify, it is not a user-level permissions issue. For example, I am a SUPER and I cannot open the page in our live database, but can open it in our DEV database.

Related to this, one of our developers conjectured that since we had a Developer license installed on the DEV server at one time, that it is still "in effect". We uploaded our production license file to the database.
    Ron
  • Options
    sainathsainath Member Posts: 6
    edited 2017-09-13
    you don't have the licence to run those objects which you have uploaded.change the ID of the object and try once.
  • Options
    Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    Licence file only gets in effect when you (re)start the NST. What you see in DEV Env may not be necesarily the license loaded by the NST

Is it possible that you have had some restricted licence loaded onto the server or the database, and the NST has not been restarted since you uploaded your new/DEV license into Prod?

There is a virtual table 2000000040 License Information - build a temporary list page based on it, save it using some temp ID where you do have permissions, and run it in production and you will see the license loaded by the NST

Similarly you may use table 2000000044 Permission Range to see permission granted by the license loaded by the the NST

By the way - does the problem manifest itself only when accessing the "Page General Journal DP" by web services? Can you run the page directly in RTC client ?

Slawek
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03
  • Options

Thanks for the suggestion. I did mention in my opening post that the problem does occur both when accessing the page via web services and if I try to run the page directly in the RTC client.
    Ron
  • Options
    Slawek_GuzekSlawek_Guzek Member Posts: 1,690
    Oh yes, sorry, missed that bit.

Another though - try to setup a separate NST connected to the same database, check access with RTC client connected to that new service. It will at least let you load and test license files, as you will be able to start/stop the additional NST after licence file upload without upsetting users in production
    Slawek Guzek
    Dynamics NAV, MS SQL Server, Wherescape RED;
    PRINCE2 Practitioner - License GR657010572SG
    GDPR Certified Data Protection Officer - PECB License DPCDPO1025070-2018-03