Options

Navision ADCS

We are going to implement Navision ADCS with NAV 2016. Our client has advised that they have got few Hand held devices including Motorola MC75A devices and Intermec CN51 devices and at the moment. They are wanting us to check whether these hand held devices are compatible with ADCS out-of-box functionality. They have also advised that the current devices (Motorola MC75A & Intermec CN51) are capable of running Windows Mobile 6.5 and Android.

Most importantly, NAV documentation says that ADCS has to have VT100 compatible devices.

According to manual, it's mentioned that "All character-based handheld devices that have a VT100 interface will work with ADCS, although you may have to implement minor adjustments with some models. When you use a handheld device, you must be able to connect either the Access Point or the RF terminal to the IP or port address of the ADCS server."

Will we be able to use Motorola MC75A & Intermec CN51 for NAV ADCS ?

Can somebody advise some thoughts on us.

Thanks in advance!
John

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    JohnPhillipsJohnPhillips Member Posts: 4
    Many thanks for your reply!
    It is hard to find more descriptive information about NAV - ADCS in most of the forums.

Could I please ask few more queries regarding ADCS ?

1. If a Hand Held Device is capable of running Windows mobile, should we be able to install Dynamics NAV Mobile version and carry out the advance warehouse function such as Register Pick List, Put away etc.

2. If we can install Dynamics NAV mobile version on hand held devices (using Device CALS licence), what would be the purpose of ADCS ? In which case, could we use NAV mobile version to scan bar codes and register Pick List’s etc?

3. To be able to use Dynamics NAV’s standard “Warehouse Miniforms” & “MiniForms Groups”, do we really need to use ADCS and configure the VT 100 plug-in as well.

Thank you all in advance!

• Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,255
    Have you used the Nav Mobile on a handheld product for warehouse? It's unusable. It's not built for barcoding and ease of use.

Windows mobile doesn't have a browser that will be capable to render nav mobile.

ADCS doesn't handle Lot tracking and serial tracking out of the box.

3. yes.

I suggest to buy android scanners and sell the old devices they have. You can look at the following solution that don't modify any objects and are much more user friendly.

https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n/posts/mobile-365

It will be cheaper to implement the above solution than spend the time to get ADCS working and customizing.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    Hi Ahmed
    Thanks for your reply.

Hi All,
    My customer is really wanting to go for ADCS with it’s out-of-the box functionality.
    Could somebody suggest few Hand Held Devices/ Brand Names and Models N’s so we could conduct a test/trial with NAV 2017 ADCS module? I really need to test the ADCS functionality but I am wondering which device we should find for conducting a good test.

Thanks all.

• Options
    Further I am Navision programmer, been working as a consultant for around 15 years now. I got one chance to work with Navision ADCS module around 7 years back, but I can’t remember what devices they used at that time. Now I am struggling to find model no of a Hand Held devices which is supported with the latest versions of NAV and its ADCS module.

If you try o search them online outcome is really confusing :(