Options

Nav 2016 and SQL 2014 Compatibility (Reporting Slownless)

MBY2000MBY2000 Member Posts: 10
Dears,

Any one is using Dynamics NAV 2016 and SQL Server 2014, I am facing a big problem essentially when printing reports (standard or customized).

print preview, post and print, some times when navigate on documents.

I am using two dedicated VMs (DB and Nav App).

the g/l register for one entry takes 3 minutes

Can you please advise on this issue

Answers

• Options
    lyngelynge Member Posts: 85
    edited 2016-04-12
    I have not noticed the problem you describe (I have not testet it - so it might be a problem :-) ).
    I know this is not what you have found, but I guess it could be related?
    Are you by any chance using click once to install NAV?
    Microsoft are working on a huge performance issue with printing and click once executed NAV 2016 clients. I know because I have reported the bug to them.
    Microsoft Development has isolated and fixed the problem. It should be available in the next cumulative update (CU7 expected in may - if the fix does not fail internal Microsoft testing), but all NAV 2016's are hit by it as far as i know.
    A standard General/Ledger Trial Balance takes around 70 seconds with click once and 2-3 seconds in the normally installed windows client.
    I've blogged about this problem here (in Danish unfortunately :-) ): http://blog.systemconnect.dk/?p=907
  • Options
    MBY2000MBY2000 Member Posts: 10
    Thanks Lynge,

I hope that you understand my issue, because I have 3 different companies, one using Nav 2015 + SQL 2012, the second using Nav 2016 + SQL 2012, the third using NAV 2016 + SQL 2014

The slowness is filled only in the third installation and essentially with reports

I did not use clickonce to install nav
  • Options
    Torben_Wind_Meyhoff[MSFT]Torben_Wind_Meyhoff[MSFT] Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 22
    Hi MBY2000

I can confirm that the issue is fixed for Click-Once deployments and will be in the next CU.

Let's see if we can pin point the problem in your installation!
    * How do you launch your Win Client?
    * Can you you verify that inside the Win Client install folder that you have not renamed the exe file so that it is still named Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.exe
    * And that you have the config file in the same folder Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.exe.config
    * Containing this string under <configuration><runtime>: <NetFx40_LegacySecurityPolicy enabled="true"/>
    BR
    Torben
    “This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.”
  • Options
    lyngelynge Member Posts: 85
    I know that MBY2000 did not use clickonce, but for other readers I just want to mention that the clickone report performance issue I mentioned, was solved today when MS released CU7 for NAV 2017.
  • Options
    TimSimmondsTimSimmonds Member Posts: 47
    Hi MBY2000,
    Did you solve your issue?
    We have recently upgraded to NAV2016 (CU12) on SQL2104 server and are seeing a slowness in printing. We run it in a Citrix environment and it's looking like particular printers/print drivers might be the culprit but can't be confirmed. Even previwing a posted sales shipment can take over 10 secs with one printer set to default as compared to <1 sec with a different printer as default. It's an expensive exercise if we have to swap out our business printers.
    I'm just wondering if you found any further help on this?
    Regards, Tim