Error on NAV 2015 --> NAV 2017 Data Upgrade Step

barandenizbarandeniz Member Posts: 44
edited 2017-05-16 in NAV Three Tier
Hello, i have a customer who is upgrading its system from 2009 to 2017. First i did 2009 --> 2015 then 2015 --> 2017. But on 20015 --> 2017 stage, i am gettin following errors on Data Upgrade Process.

SessionId : 363
CodeunitId : 104050
FunctionName : UpdateItem
CompanyName : ****
StartTime : 16.05.2017 16:02:14
Duration :
State : FailedPendingResume
Error : The UPG Item does not exist. Identification fields and values: No.='1111000000'

SessionId : 385
Duration :
Error : The UPG Item does not exist. Identification fields and values: No.='1111000000'

SessionId : 408
Duration :

SessionId : 415
FunctionName : UpdateApprovalsManagement
Duration :
Error : You do not have the following permissions on TableData Posted Approval Comment Line: Modify

SessionId : 431
Duration :

I checked all 4 companies for that item, and it exists. What can i do in order to solve that problem ?

i am following the link --> https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics-nav/upgrading-the-data

Answers

• kalyankandimallakalyankandimalla Member Posts: 56
    Hi,

Based on the issue it seems the synchronization of database was not done correctly.

Can you please check if the upgrade table UPG Item 104091contains records. If yes, can you see the item 1111000000 in that table.

If not then it seems then synchronization steps were not followed as required. Please try to restore the database again NAV2017 and do run the synchronization again.

For any synchronization issues, please don't force the synchronization. Please force synchronize only those specific tables where you have issues.
  • barandenizbarandeniz Member Posts: 44
    Hi,

Based on the issue it seems the synchronization of database was not done correctly.

Can you please check if the upgrade table UPG Item 104091contains records. If yes, can you see the item 1111000000 in that table.

If not then it seems then synchronization steps were not followed as required. Please try to restore the database again NAV2017 and do run the synchronization again.

For any synchronization issues, please don't force the synchronization. Please force synchronize only those specific tables where you have issues.

I do not see any records on "UPG Item" table. But i did sync tables with Force + Validation a couple of times. I have to use Force mode because some of the tables needs to be deleted from Database, so without Force, it wont delete the data which needs to be deleted.
    Okay. Have you force synchronized only those tables or the total synch. of database is done with Force? Is the Item table part of synchronization issues you faced?
  • barandenizbarandeniz Member Posts: 44
    I did the whole process again, and on Sync. All Tables with Validation i got the following error;

PS >Sync-NAVTenant -ServerInstance nav10 -Mode Checkonly
    Sync-NAVTenant : When the TableSynchSetup.Mode::Copy mode is used in an upgrade codeunit for synchronizing a table, the upgrade table can contain a subset of fields of the original table.
    The fields and the primary key of the upgrade table must match those in the original table.
    The following errors must be fixed:
    Data in the fields 'Service Mgt. Document, Date Sent, Time Sent, BizTalk Sales Invoice, Customer Order No., BizTalk Document Sent' in the original table 'Sales Invoice Header' cannot be s
    aved in the upgrade table 'UPG Sales Invoice Header'. Please make sure that listed fields are present in the upgrade table and they match equivalent fields in the original table in terms
    of their design.
    At line:1 char:1
    + Sync-NAVTenant -ServerInstance nav10 -Mode Checkonly
    + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (0:Int32) [Sync-NAVTenant], NavCommandException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : MicrosoftDynamicsNavServer$nav10,Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Management.Cmdlets.SyncNavTenant

Then i tried to Sync. with Force. Then on Data Upgrade Step i got same errors again. Which are;

PS >Get-NAVDataUpgrade -ServerInstance nav10 -ErrorOnly -Force

SessionId : 175
    CompanyName : ***
    StartTime : 17.05.2017 18:34:23
    Duration :

SessionId : 198
    Duration :

SessionId : 221
    Duration :

SessionId : 228
    FunctionName : UpdateApprovalsManagement
    Duration :
    Error : You do not have the following permissions on TableData Posted Approval Comment Line: Modify

SessionId : 243
    Duration :

What can i do to fix these issues ?
    Hi,

I too faced this problem before.

'The fields and the primary key of the upgrade table must match those in the original table.
    The following errors must be fixed:
    Data in the fields 'Service Mgt. Document, Date Sent, Time Sent, BizTalk Sales Invoice, Customer Order No., BizTalk Document Sent' in the original table 'Sales Invoice Header' cannot be s
    aved in the upgrade table 'UPG Sales Invoice Header'. Please make sure that listed fields are present in the upgrade table and they match equivalent fields in the original table in terms
    of their design.'

I added all those fields in the upgrade table 'UPG Sales Invoice Header' and tried to run the sync. with check only. the issue repeated for other Upgrade tables, So I followed the same by adding the fields in upgrade tables until the issue is resolved.

I first tried to Force sync that table without adding fields, but then I got the same issue during data upgrade step.

Doing this way worked at my end. May be there is another good solution than this, but I tried this way and it worked for me.