Options

Applying Entries in Different Currencies

alihhalihh Member Posts: 3
Hello,

I have an invoice in AED, I want to pay it in USD.
I created a payment line in the journal with a USD currency, I applied it to an Invoice in AED, I set the amount to apply field to 2000 AED, it automatically calculated it in USD to 544.57$.

Now when I post the payment and go to vendor ledger entry, in the invoice I applied to, the application amount appears as 1999.99 AED !!!

After some investigations, I found the below :

2000 AED = 820,346.00 LCY

2000 AED = 544.5738..... USD

Navision rounded the 544.5738.. to 544.57 $

So now the Payment is
544.57 USD = 820,340.25 LCY instead of 820,346.00 LCY due to the rounding, and 820,340.25 LCY = 1999.99 AED not 2000 AED.

I don't want to modify the rounding precision for the USD, as it will not always solve the problem.

how should I solve this issue ? I need the Payment Amount on the Application to be the same as the one I set in the "Amount to Apply".

Thank You

Answers

• Options
    edited 2017-01-30
  • Options
    geordiegeordie Member Posts: 655
    Hope post #2 it's a bad taste joke...
  • Options
    no it's not
  • Options
    rehansattirehansatti Member Posts: 36
    Hi @alihh ,
    Your issue is more related to the functional side. I think One should be frustrated on such small things. This is not professionalism. All the folks working on this forum are contributing their valuable time & money. Such comments can spoil their spirits. So if you have a very urgent kind of problem, Go to Microsoft, generate the ticket and your problem will be resolved. I would recommend try to go through this circle once to understand the worth of the people who are working freely for the community.

However following link might help you.
    https://community.dynamics.com/nav/f/34/t/220874
    Best Regards
    Rehan Satti
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Technical Consultant
    Please verify the answer if it satisfy your question. This will help other members of community.