Options

Import Open Released Production Orders at Cut Over - Good or Bad Idea?

nav13nav13 Member Posts: 39
All-
NAV 2016 question:

I generally have clients manually enter open RPO's at cutover and also manually use the production journal to catch up the routing time/cost and consumption journal for material issues for cost/qty to validate GL balance to WIP.

However, this client has upwards of 1000 open production orders on the floor so i was looking to see if importing cut over RPO is plausible.

My proposed process is:
1. Import RPO headers and auto refresh production order so NAV brings in routing and components.
2. Import WIP inventory in a special location so inventory can be easily consumed to RPO via consumption journal
3. Import Output journal excel report via rapid start packages for each RPO operation time/qty entry and post the journal so net is zero dollars to WIP but catch up subledger cost/time to RPO.
4. Import Consumption journal excel report via rapid start packages for each RPO component qty issues in legacy system again with zero dollars to WIP but to catch up subledger for RPO.

Let me know if this process is plausible, if client can export this data out of their current system in excel or if there is a better way to handle this volume of orders at cut over.

Thanks in advance,
NAV13

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Anybody?? I expect a few answers.
  • Options
    archer89archer89 Member Posts: 337
    sounds good. best you give it a try in a demo database to check if all is doing correct.
    best regards
    Franz Kalchmair, MVP
    Alias: Jonathan Archer

please like / agree / verify my answer, if it was helpful for you. thx.
    Blog: http://moxie4nav.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    Yes it did.