Options

Export objects as text from SQL Azure database?

CraigSCraigS Member Posts: 5
Hi all.

I have been trying to export all objects from an NAV Azure SQL database as text so that I can use the file in Statical Prism.

I find that the export will run for a minute or two and then just freeze. I have tried to do this from the development environment and I have also tried using the Powershell Export-NAVApplicationObject command, but I have the same issue in both cases - it just freezes, then I have to kill the process and try again.

I've tried leaving it "running" for a number of hours just in case, but it has not worked. I've tried this in my development environment and also in a completely separate production environment with the same result.

I've tried exporting all 4498 NON-table objects and this freezes. I've tried exporting ONLY tables and it freezes. It seems to write out about 4-6MB of file before it freezes. Not necessarily at the same point each time, but pretty close.

Has anyone else experienced this, or have a solution?

(NAV2016 CU7 btw)

Cheers
Craig

Answers

• Options
    KishormKishorm Member Posts: 921
    As a possible workaround have you tried exporting all objects as a fob file? If this works then you could try importing into a local NAV database and then export as text from there.