Options

Chinese database conversion from 5.0 to 2013R2

elnowakoelnowako Member Posts: 12
Hi All,

I am trying to convert Chinese database from 5.0 to 2013R2.
I have there a lot of chinese characters which are stored in the db in a different way than the standard characters.

As a first thing i checked how the data looks in the SQL Sever, this is quite big mess.
Data presented in SQL Server is completly different that in the Navision 5.0, some strange characters, but in the Navision 5.0 when I open table everything looks perfect.

Conversion task is done with these steps.
1. Technical conversion to 2009R2 (Chinese characters are still visible when I check in the Navision table, but in the SQL Server I can't see Chinese Characters)
2. Technical conversion to 2013 (I can't check how the data looks like in the Navision, but in the SQL Server is still mess)
3. Technical conversion to 2013R2 (after I imported all necessary objects I was able to connect db to the service and open table) As you can expect data presented in the RTC Navision table is not what I had in 5.0. Chinese characters were replaced with some strange digits, i can see the same "strange" characters like on SQL Server.

Is there any person here who has some expirence with this kind of conversion?
I am looking for some tips how to convert this db from 5.0 to 2013R2 and keep there Chinese characters.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• Options
    yukonyukon Member Posts: 361
    Hi,

You need to convert your chinese data to unicode. Please take a look
    Roberto Blog for more information.
    Make Simple & Easy
  • Options
    zychzych Member Posts: 20
    edited 2016-10-14
    You can contact one of the Microsoft Partner in Hong Kong. They should be able to help
  • Options
    elnowakoelnowako Member Posts: 12
    zych wrote: »
    You can contact one of the Microsoft Partner in Hong Kong. They should be able to help

Actually this is what i did. They provide me with some details how I can make it.
    During these few days I am going to finish this conversion. Lets check what will happen.

Thank you for your suggestion.