Options

Permission recorder in NAV 2016 doesn't work well

jwilderjwilder Member Posts: 263
I am using the Permission recorder new to NAV 2016 but am seeing isseus with it? It just is not capturing Read permissions properly. For example I might turn on the recorder, go into a page with a subpage (like Sales order), Stop recorder and it recorded the Header table not the lines. I reproduce this over and over. I always start each recording session by closing out and going back in so cache is cleared. There are some pages I go into and it just won't capture it.

The recorder works well for Insert, Modify and Delete permissions but not for Read permissions. Read permissions are done through Code Coverage while Insert, Modify and Delete are done cleverly by using BINDSUBSCRIPTION to a codeunit that subscribes to the OnDatabaseInsert, OnDatabaseModify, OnDatabaseDelete and OnDataBaseRename when you Start the process and UNBINDSUBSCRIPTION when you hit Stop.

Anyone else have issues with the recorder not grabbing all the Read permissions?

Answers

• Options
    jwilderjwilder Member Posts: 263
    A quick example of what doesn't work is I created a Sales Line Subpage with about 5 fields on it. Then created a Sales Header page with 5 fields on it and added the Sales Line Subpage. No factboxes or any code.

I turned on the recorder, ran the page and I got Table 37 (Sales Line) and 348 (Dimension) but no Table 36 (Sales Header).

Then I added some code to the OnOpenPage of the Sales Header Page to get the General Edger Setup table and S&R Setup table. I ran the recorder again and it didn't pick these up either.

Is it just me or do other people can the same weird results?