Lots expire date

How can I define if I want to be able to choose the lot or if I want that is auto-selected the lot with the nearest expir date in transfer order?

Comments

• eedobsoneedobson Member Posts: 16
    Hi - this is based on your item setup (item tracking code) and your location setup (pick according to FEFO). Read through the NAV help here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh173733(v=nav.90).aspx for a good explanation.

Liz
  • marcomostacchimarcomostacchi Member Posts: 14
    Hi Liz.
    The setup you suggest to check, define the sort of the lots, but the problem is that even if I choose the lot that doesn't have the most recent expire date, the system change automatically the lot with the lot with nearest expire date.
    Is it possible that the FIFO Cost Method setted for all the items force the discharge of the first charge even if I selected a different lot nr?
    Pretty sure the costing method has no bearing here. I'm not clear on your issue tho; can you please provide an example of your item and location settings, what lot is proposed in the pick, and what lot you expect to see?
    I have two different lots in the same location. One will expire on 31/07/16 and the other will expire on 25/07/2016. I'm booking a Transfer Order and I want to transfer the lot that will expire on 31; automatically Nav fill the quantity in the line of the lot that will expire on 25; I remove the quantity from that line and I fill the quantity in the lot line regarding the lot that will expire on 31. I book the Transfer Order, but after that, I note that Nav discharged the lot that expire on 25.
    Hi Marco - I tried to recreated your scenario; had to make some assumptions. Created a new item in Cronus (NAV2016) with lot tracking "lotallexp". adjusted in two lots into location Blue (I'm assuming from your message that you're not using any advanced warehousing functionality) with the expiry dates you used. On the transfer order I added the 31/07/16 lot to item tracking and posted shipment (I assume this is what you mean by "booking"), and it didn't change the lot. the 31/07/16 lot shipped as I had added.

Please try replicating your scenario (using similar location and item config) in Cronus and review the results. Without advanced warehousing I would think NAV would just ignore the expiration date, so it's possibly something else at work here.

Liz
    Hi Liz.
    I tried in a test environment and it works. I have to investigate the reason why in customer's environment doesn't works.
    Thanks.