Options

How to explode a Service Item to to get all its components?

shilpareddyshilpareddy Member Posts: 28
Dear All,

In Navision 4.0,
1. Go to Sales & Marketing, Order Processing, Order Planning. Click on Functions, Calculate Plan. Click on the Expand field and notice how detail can be exploded. Click Expand again and see how detail is hidden.

Now, i want the same functionlaity for the service items.

FYI : As Navision automatically creates Service Items when an item is shipped during the Sales Order shipping process as long as the item is set up with a Service Item Group which is flagged to Create Service Items.

2. Create a new screen which shows the service items in a list type form with all the fields on the first tab of the Service Item Card.

3.Ensure the drill downs on the fields in #2 above take the user to:
· Service Item Card
· Item Card
· Company Contact Card
· Customer Card

Can anybody tell me how to explode a service item to get all its components in a list form?
With Regards,
Shilpa Reddy

Comments

• Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    I would do it like this:
    Take the form for the order planning, change the sourcetable, change the fields, but keep the logic. This seems to me the easiest way to explode service items on a list-form.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    shilpareddyshilpareddy Member Posts: 28
    Yes, i also tried in that way. Internally it is using Requisition Line table to hold data temporarily. The fields used in Req. Line doesnt match with the fields used in Service Item table. So i created a new table to hold service items temporarily same as in the base.
    I can also add field in Req.Line itself instead creating new table but i don't want to touch the base.

I got the solution now. Its working fine.
    Once again Thankyou.
    kriki wrote:
    I would do it like this:
    Take the form for the order planning, change the sourcetable, change the fields, but keep the logic. This seems to me the easiest way to explode service items on a list-form.
    With Regards,
    Shilpa Reddy