Options

Service Tier in NAV 2013 and Above Keeps "Updating" Database CONTINUOUSLY, even if no Clients Using

OldNavDogOldNavDog Member Posts: 88
Hi,

We develop Add-Ons for NAV. As such, we have many (over 750) NAV DBs from various version scattered about on several Servers.

I found a wonderful little SQL script (Query) that can "report" on several types of "User" Access to a DB. BUT... Even if I restrict that Query to just show User "Updates" to the DB, it seems that any DB of version 2013 or later that has a "Running" Service Tier, it shows "User Update" Date/Time is essentially the Current Date/Time. This MUST mean that the Service Tier is beating-up on the DB CONTINUOUSLY, even if there are no "Clients" logged into the DB through NAV.

1. Is this true? I know it isn't a big deal for most people, that may only have 1 or 2 Service Tier "Instances" running; but it still seems like a bad design.
2. Is there any setting (there ARE lots of settings, afterall!) on the Service Tier that can stop that behavior when no one is logged-in?

Thanks In Advance!
Experience is what you get, when you don't get what you want. --Anon.

Answers

• Options
    Peter+is1Peter+is1 Member Posts: 174
    Hi,

It is true, at least 2 processes for stillAliveDiffTime and lastKnownTimeStamp.
    I don't see any settings/options to disable those.

\\
    The truth exists in seven versions.