Options

NAV2015 - Webservices on Azure - Local VT100/ADCS

TomBTomB Member Posts: 5
edited 2015-01-15 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

I'm in the middle of my first NAV2015 implementation at a customer.
The customer has decided to put database and some other services in the cloud.
Locally there is a VT100/ADCS service running and this for scanning in the warehouse.

Installation works fine, but we cannot connect to the Webservices (SOAP). We always receive an eror regarding the authentification of the connection. We received the SOAP URL from the cloud provider and adapted the config file accordingly (I have offcourse blanked out the links!):

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<configuration>
<configSections>
<section name="VT100" type="Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Adcs.Configuration.VT100ConfigurationSection, Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.VT100Plugin"/>
</configSections>
<VT100>
<Warehouse>
<Endpoints>

<add name="NavWSEndpoint" url="https://<server URL>:<Port>/<Instance Name>/WS/Codeunit/ADCS" UserName="<DOMAIN>\USER" Password="Password"/>

<!-- Azure deployment example: -->
<!--<add name="NavWSEndpoint" url="https://CloudService:7047/DynamicsNAV/WS/CRONUS International Ltd/Codeunit/ADCS&quot; UserName="NavUser" Password="NavUserPassword" />-->

</Endpoints>
</Warehouse>
<Terminal listenPort="6666" listenIP="<IP Address VT100 server>" stylesheet="VT100_W2k_and_OtherClients.xsl"/>
</VT100>
<startup>
<supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.5"/>
</startup>
</configuration>

When we connect we always get an authentification error in the event viewer:

Internal Error in Navision VT100Plugin

Object : Messagerprocessor
Error No : FFFFFFFF
Description : Error in the communication: La demande HTTP n'est pas autorisée avec un schéma d'authentification client 'Basic'.
L'en-tête d'authentification reçu du serveur était 'Digest qop="auth",algorithm=....

And on the terminal we get the error:

"Requeue of message failed after sequential message processor errors."

The Error message in the event viewer states clearly that the Authetification 'Basic' is not supported. This we know.
How can we put in the configuration file that it has to use another authetification type (...?)
Something like : <add key="ClientServicesCredentialType" value="Windows"/> (and this one doesn't work)

All ideas are welcome :)

Thx
Grtz

Comments

• Options
    TomBTomB Member Posts: 5
    Extra information: We have to use Digest authentication to connect to the WebServices.

Regards,

Tom
    Grtz
  • Options
    okioki Member Posts: 46
    Hi,

there are two points to take care of:

1. The service tier (where the web service is to be used) must have the property "Use NTLM Authentication" deactivated.
    If the actual service tier has set the property, create a new separate service tier especially for the vt100

2. Be sure that the VT100 plugin service is running with admin rights (local account is not sufficient)

Oliver
  • Options
    Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    edited 2016-05-31
    The default service on the ADCS is set as DynamicsNAV instead of your actual service name. Make sure it's set as your actual service name (i.e. if using NAV 2016, it should be DynamicsNAV90).

The default on this gets me every time.