Options

Poor report performance using click once installed Windows client?

lyngelynge Member Posts: 85
Simple Balance takes 2-3 seconds on standard installed windows client, but >60 seconds on click once installed windows client.
Testet on NAV 2016 with cumulative update 4.

Does anybody else see this?
Does anybody know the solution or reason for that?

Best Regards,
Gert Lynge

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    lyngelynge Member Posts: 85
    edited 2016-02-24
    I've been playing around with this issue using the Azure Dynamics NAV Servers from the Azure Gallery. Just to rule out our setup and scripts.

I can re-create the problem using both the NAV 2016 RTM and NAV 2016 CU4=latest image (just running the included initialize- and clickonce scripts). Even when i run the click once client directly on the server itself.
    NAV 2015 does not have this problem (testet on CU4, CU11 and CU16=latest).

While the report is running one cpu core is max utilized by the client. The problem only occurs if you run the click-once client with the application reference icon. If you locate the installed client and run is manually (or just run a normal installed windows client) the problem is not there. So it is something regarding click once executing.

Also another partner has confirmed on Yammer that they are seeing this too - so I've opened a technical support request with Microsoft to get it solved...
  • Options
    RockWithNAVRockWithNAV Member Posts: 1,139
    Hi lynge,

Whenever you are using a Windows client you have the direct connectivity with the server, but as you know Click one Installer is an APP provided by Microsoft which works on Azure cloud and could be executed from anywhere independently and too have internet dependency so every time you push a button or even a page data transmission between the current click one installer windows client and from where the server is exactly hosted it takes time and it will.

I too have implemented this for one of my client, in starting they too raised the same query but it's fine and they are happily using it,

Thanks
    Blog - https://rockwithnav.wordpress.com/