Options

Budget Checking Workflow

rpindoriarpindoria Member Posts: 5
Does anyone know of any vertical solutions to cater for Budget checking on the workflow authorisation process for Purchase documents. The idea is to make project managers to be accountable for their budgets , and so able to have transparency /control over the their spend not exceeding budget. In essence commitment accounting. AX has some level of functionality in this area but enquiring if there are ready made solutions for Dynamics Nav

Answers

• Options
    ROKROK Member Posts: 9
    I have not seen any solution yet. Tried to look for one on this forum in vain. For my client, I customised a solution that at least prevents a user from exceed their budgeted figure. Using the Flow fields (Balance, Budgeted Amount) on the G/L Account table, you are able to get real time actuals posted against a given budget. The biggest gap are the commitments in the Journals and Purchase documents not yet posted. With in your calc code, extract those details and add them to the actuals gotten from the G/L Account table. But generally, there is a gap in this area and Microsoft needs to work on it.