Options

Does anyone know of a way to get a NAV 2016 RDLC Report to Import into 2015?

OldNavDogOldNavDog Member Posts: 88
I need to "back port" something from NAV 2016 to NAV 2015. Among the Objects I need to "move backward" is some Reports.

I can Export the Objects in 2016 as Text, and then it is possible to Import them into 2015 quite easily. HOWEVER, that little trick doesn't work with Reports. I get an error similar to "This Object cannot be used in this version of NAV", or similar.

By the way, it DOES work fine for "Processing Only" Reports; but if the Report has a "Layout", no way!!!

I don't want to have to manually re-create the Report changes I have made in 2016, for 2015.

Is there something I can do, like modify a "header" line, to "trick" to the 2016 Text Export file into allowing my 2016 Reports to Import into 2015?
Experience is what you get, when you don't get what you want. --Anon.

Answers

• Options
    SilverXSilverX Member Posts: 134
    I have not tried myself, but try to create a report with blank layout in 2015, import in 2016 and re-import in 2015. If that does not work, compare the text exports. Probably the report xml format changed.
    Then see if you can change it manually. Would be great if you post your findings.
    Cheers
    Carsten

==> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
  • Options
    DuikmeesterDuikmeester Member Posts: 304
    It might be a difference with the builds. If I compare any of our reports in source control there is not a single 2015 vs 2016 difference.
    It just tried this with 9.0.43402 > 8.0.40938.
    And this worked as fob and as text for a report with layout.
  • Options
    OldNavDogOldNavDog Member Posts: 88
    Thanks for the advice and research!

I will take a closer look at the build numbers, and try again...
    Experience is what you get, when you don't get what you want. --Anon.