Options

Navision Code Editor

ombackeombacke Member Posts: 44
Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone knew of an Editor for C/SIDE coding.. I'm new to navision programming. The only way I know of coding in C/SIDE is going to the object using view code and editing the code from there..

But the way the code is written is very confusing, maybe there's a way to have a VB style editor with colors, with code help or anyhing like that...

Comments

• Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    edited 2005-10-03
    i love bringing back these older interesting discussions

http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2906

this one's 4 pages
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Here we go again..... #-o

The short answer is there is no other editor, unless you want to gothrough the painstaking excercise of exporting the objects to text, importing into another tool, creating a keyword list, and bringing the objects ack into Navision as text, hoping that they will compile.

The easy way is to just accept the C/AL editor and learn to love it like we do :).
  • Options
    CtrlShiftF11CtrlShiftF11 Member Posts: 29
    Love is a strong way to describe it! I've been using it since 1998 and I don't have much love for it, maybe just an enormous amount of tolerance. But I will say that once you get proficient with Navision you will be able to produce business/database applications more rapidly than any other environment that I've ever seen.

Stick with it! \:D/
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    DenSter wrote:
    The easy way is to just accept the C/AL editor and learn to love it like we do :).
    And you may hate some versions and other not, because each version they change the behaviour of the editor!
    eg. CTRL-arrow left and right : this jumps from word to word. In some versions the "." between record and field stops the jump and in others it does not. :?
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    CodeGeniusCodeGenius Member Posts: 40
    You could try CodeGenius on http://www.codegenius.nl it may be of some assistance :)