Navision Go-Live Tool

AdministratorAdministrator Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,495
edited 2008-05-09 in Download section
Navision Go-Live Tool
A utility to create a production database from a testing one by deleting transactional data.

http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=580

Discuss this download here.

Comments

• sun4bensun4ben Member Posts: 1
    I don't think that this tool is usefull. Imagine you've forgotten to delete 1 table... I wish you good luck!
  • RogerRoger Member Posts: 57
    I think, the problem is, that all tables are listed in the tool (Contacts, Customers, ...) instead only tables like 36, 37, 110, 111, and so on
    Many thanks, Roger
  • Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
    I think this would be impractical, because localization, add-ons and custom development can introduce more transactional tables. Also, sometimes people want to delete some master data too, or sometimes keep some transactional data, f.e. typically Fixed Asset Ledger Entries of book value.

You can go through all the tables when you have some spare time, tick the ones you think should be deleted, and save it with a simple DataPort for later reuse. I think I will add that DataPort in the next version to save you the work.

If you are not very familiar with the table structure of Navision, here are a few hints:

- delete everything called "Entry", i.e. filter for *Entry*
    - delete documents and journals - everything called "Header" or "Line"
    - delete Document Dimension, Posted Document Dimension, Ledger Entry Dimension, Journal Line Dimension, although they are of course included in the aforementioned filters

Hope this helps,

Miklos
  • songsong Member Posts: 16
    Maybe you can incorporate this specs, you can add a column in the object designer "Existing Records". With this we can easily identity whether a table has records in it already.
  • rdebathrdebath Member Posts: 383
    The problem I see with this is that you're deleting data [-X

It's certain that the users will discover that they wanted some of that data after all :roll:

What you should do is copy the data you want to keep to a new company let them do some little checks in the new company, change thier minds and mess things up.
    So the final go live copy is right. That way we're all happy =D> =D> =D>

Of course a month after golive there will be yet another problem ](*,)

PS: Company.INSERT works just fine :shock:

PPS: Smiley overload \:D/
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    This tool can be used as a start. But not necessarily run it out of the box. :wink:
  • Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
    Holy cow... I just realized I made it 10 years ago. Time is going fast. And almost 4000 downloads... I see now it is not the ideal solution to the problem but neither is the opposite i.e. just copying setup tables. But there wasn't one ideal solution in 2016. In 2016 the ideal solution is the copy company too. Set up everything in an empty database, copy it and make test postings in the copy. Change settings in the original, copy again, test it in that etc.