Cost reversing mechanism for Sales Credit Memo

navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
Hi,

I'm working in NAV 2013 R2 IN Database. I have a query on Inventory costing. The actual scenario is mentioned below.

On 31-10-15, I have purchased(with invoiced) an ITEM (ITM001) with some value.The Item has "FIFO" costing method in Item Master.This inbound transaction has created Inventory accounting in the General Ledger. After that a Sales Invoice has been posted in the system on 31-10-15. This outbound transaction is applied on that Purchase transaction and it creates the necessary Inventory accounting in G/L table accordingly.

After few days later (on 22-01-16), user has raised a Sales Credit Memo to reverse the previous Sales transaction with proper accounting in the G/L. But it does not have any impact on Inventory accounting. The other accounting has happened nicely in the System (G/L Table) instead of actual cost reversing.

Few days back (on 26-02-16), user has post a Sales Order on that Item. But I've astonished to that this SO is applied on the Credit Memo. :o

Please find the screenshot for more.

My query is that why the Sales Credit memo transaction is not able to create the Inventory accounting in the system when the Automatic Cost Posting is ticked in the Inventory Setup Master and Adjust Cost batches have been executed in the system ?

Kindly reply.

Now or Never

Answers

• MindQuadSolutionsMindQuadSolutions Member Posts: 3
    This type of question requires an expert team for the answer. We at MindQuad are one of the best and biggest team of NAV in Western India. MindQuad Solutions, is a Microsoft SPA Partner and have experience in providing support and ene-to-end implementation in various industry verticals.
    Would request you to please post this question to our team member on pushpa.dasari@mindquad.in
    MindQuad Solutions Private Limited
    www.mindquad.net