Options

SP1 - Costing Improvements.

StyvieStyvie Member Posts: 77
Hi All,

In the build up to SP1, there was much said around the costing improvements.

I cannot find any reference to these in the Whats New Doc. in the Upgrade toolkit...

Has anyone had a look at the product and seen if they are included ?

Customers of mine will be very upset if they are not...

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    ovicashovicash Member Posts: 141
    Styvie wrote:
    Hi All,

In the build up to SP1, there was much said around the costing improvements.

I cannot find any reference to these in the Whats New Doc. in the Upgrade toolkit...

Has anyone had a look at the product and seen if they are included ?

Customers of mine will be very upset if they are not...

Thanks.

"
    T6) It Is Not Possible To Post Orders Due To Invalid Costing Method
    Error
    In 3.01 and 3.10 it was allowed to have items where item tracking was for lot numbers (the item tracking was not serial number specific) together with a specific costing method. That combination was not valid from Navision 3.60. The upgrade toolkit did not stop the upgrade this would give items in the upgraded version of Navision with an invalid combination of item tracking and costing and it will not be possible to make postings for the items.
    This has been corrected
    Codeunit 104045 Upgrade 4.00 Step 1
    "

This is what I found in
      Changes in Navision W1 4.0 SP1 UPGTK.doc

At least one thing they corrected about costing
    ovidiu

Best Regards
  • Options
    StyvieStyvie Member Posts: 77
    Specifically i was referring to this list...

Costing Functionality Improvements
    Improvement How It Saves Time
    Incomplete invoiced purchases of standard costed inventory included in the revaluation process Users don't have to reconcile variances in finished production orders
    Amounts for WIP are cleared as soon as a production order status is changed to finished Invoiced purchases of standard costed inventory can be included in the revaluation process
    Possible to update unit cost information in real-time Users don’t have to wait for the update to occur during the batch job
  • Options
    MarkusBrissieMarkusBrissie Member Posts: 1
    I am not sure about the Manufacturing Costing... but the request has definitely been there. - Actually I think there is an easy easy fix for this problem, we've done that before. Let me know if you want a copy.

What we had as a big issue - and they fixed that, I've seen it - the automatic Adj Cost - Item Entries. When doing Average or FiFo Costing, the Unit Cost don't get updated with the Average Cost anymore (and if your Sales Prices are "Cost-plus %" then you just lose money). In 4.00.01 there is a feature in the Inve Setup to adjust the cost automatically when processing an inbound transcation.