Options

Navision on a Windows 2003 Domain Controller?

vasoovvasoov Member Posts: 10
Good day,

Can Navision be installed and used on a Windows 2003 Domain Controller? I am interested to know if there are any issues when installing the native database on a DC.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I think that it is not problem (still it is only another server, only have some additional functions ;-) but do not forget, that recommended is to have dedicated server.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    The Short Answer:

Yes, it will run. Provided the server has enough free memory, disk space, and processor power.

Comments:

1. Navision recommends using a dedicated server for Navision. The server should have only the minimal services running. (Not a default install).

2. When the server is asked to run other applications/services along with Navision, these must share system resources (cpu, disk, memory, etc.). If another process has a peak demand for resources the Navsion users may see this as poor performance.

3. If you are talking about a small network and small Navision database, you would probably be okay until the database grows. I would have a plan to move to a dedicated server as the database grows and performance starts to decline.
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.