Options

Restrict page access

poullospoullos Member Posts: 3
Hi All,

I want to restrict access on Page 16 (Chart of Accounts) but not Page 18 (G/L Account List). This means I can't restrict access from TableData 15.

Any ideas how to perform this?

Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    You'd have to remove Page 0 from their roles and then assign every other page that you do want them to have access to.
  • Options
    OK, so I can't add this specific page with no access (insert, modify, etc), I will have to add one by one each time? Damn that's a lot of pages to add...
  • Options
    Wisa123Wisa123 Member Posts: 308
    At this point it might just be better to write some Code in the OnOpenPage to handle access to be honest.
    Austrian NAV/BC Dev
  • Options
    rsaritzkyrsaritzky Member Posts: 469
    When you said "Restrict Access" on Page 16, do you mean "restrict the ability to edit"? If so, you can change your Role Permissions (Or Permission Sets, depending on the version of NAV you are running) to allow that user only Read access to Table 15. If you are using standard NAV Roles just make sure the user doesn't have the role/Permission Set "G/L_ACCOUNT, EDIT" OR "CASHFLOW" assigned. If you have custom roles/permission sets, then you need to make sure that none of them have Insert/Modify permissions on Table 15.

Ron
    Ron
  • Options
    Thanks for the answers! I know the way with the tables/tabledata. The problem is i don't want to restrict access to table 15. I want one set of users not to be able to edit page 16, but 18.