Options

Email error string too long

KarenhKarenh Member Posts: 209
Users of NAV 2015 get errors with Sales Orders, when using Post and Email that the string is too long, and can be a maximum of 30 characters. Outlook is used. I am trying to identify what field is too long. I think it is either the email subject or body that is the troublemaker. I have gone all through the many codeunits/page/table of the post and email process. Either the fields are in the Email Item table, and none of those are 30 characters, or are variables of an undefined length. I get to codeunit 397, createmessage. Perhaps it is the com object that has a 30 character field.
Has anyone run into this error?

Answers

• Options
    davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    turn the debugger on and see where it stops. Sounds to me like a custom code problem. Occasionally I find a field NAV forgot to make larger. The undefined lengths handle up to 2GB and can only be used outside of tables for defining text variable lengths.
  • Options
    KarenhKarenh Member Posts: 209
    Thanks for the suggestion but the user posted the Sales Order so I cannot use the debugger. I would like to resolve the problem as it has occurred multiple times now. There has been no customisation of the emailing related codeunits or page.