Options

Report OutOfMemory, 64 bit report viewer available?

RodtmcleanRodtmclean Member Posts: 84
Hi,

I have a few clients (NAV2013 R2) that get the OutOfMemory error that occurs during the rendering stage of the report previews. I've instructed them to print to PDF/Excel to get round the issue.

I think the issue is down to Report Viewer being 32 bit. Is it possible to get round the issue by retrofitting a 64 bit Report Viewer on the client and are later NAV versions 2015/16 using the 64 bit version on the NAV client now?

Regards & Thanks
Roddy

Comments

• Options
    yukonyukon Member Posts: 361
    edited 2015-12-02
    Hi,

You install the 64bit report viewer on client, it does not solve your problem. Because NAV2013 to NAV2015 RTC is not 64bit. Only Service is 64bit. Will it be solve below link for your problem

https://community.dynamics.com/nav/b/navteam/archive/2014/03/09/rdlc-report-and-performance-in-microsoft-dynamics-nav

I heard NAV2016 has two version 32 and 64. I can't tell you detail because i haven't touch it. :D

Regards,
    Yukon
    Make Simple & Easy
  • Options
    Cool, I can keep then running anyway, they are just curious about a proper solution. I have 2016 ready to install, will check it out in the next few days :smile:

Thanks Yukon
  • Options
    PhennoPhenno Member Posts: 630
    In NAV2015 you can schedule report to be printed on service tier. Since service tier is x64 it will be printed ok.
  • Options
    Thanks Phenno,

That's a good option also :smile:

Roddy