Options

Print an Invoice from outside NAV using webservices

ALopez27ALopez27 Member Posts: 42
edited 2011-01-28 in NAV Three Tier
Hello All,

I'm using NAV 2009 (non SP1) and from what I understand, I should be able to print a pdf formated invoice if I run this report from a codeunit exposed as a web service, is this assumption correct? I want to be able to do it from a web page where the user clicks a button and it calls this exposed codeunit, I'm fairly certain that this can be done, but would the user be able to pass a paramete (invoice #) to the codeunit so that it prints the proper invoice?

Any help or links to an example would be greatly appreciated.

A.L.

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    It is just on you which parameters the codeunit function will take and what it will do. Inside the codeunit you need to call the SaveAsPDF function of the selected invoice, save the PDF somewhere and pass it back to the page. There was blog article about this on microsoft blog I think...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Here is the link to the blog article: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/nav/archive/200 ... rvice.aspx
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    Thanks for the link, by looking at the code example and the comments posted in the link, it does not look llike that would work for instances when an input parameters is needed, in my case the user would need to pass the invoice # to the web service, does anybody know how to do that or have examples or link to such a request? Thanks again.
  • Options
    Still not able to do this, any ideas anyone?
  • Options
    deV.chdeV.ch Member Posts: 543
    The NAV Help is your friend...
    [Ok :=] Report.SAVEASPDF(Number, FileName[, Record])

Just filter a record instance for your invoice No. (Which you pass as parameter to your WS Function) and pass that to SAVEASPDF
  • Options
    jfrubiojfrubio Member Posts: 9
    Hi!

Did you find the solution? I want to generate the PDF using PHP.

Thanks in advance.