Options

RDLC report items overlapping

TimSimmondsTimSimmonds Member Posts: 47
Hi,

First apologies if this has been asked before ... i'm struggling to use the search feature effectively.

I'm designing an Order Confirmation report with NAV2009 (R2) and although some of the header fields look nicely spaced in the report designer (Vis.Studio), when I run the report in RTC the field data overlaps the captions (order date, salesperson code etc). We have a number of other versions of order confirmations, where the design of the header fields is similar and they are all working fine.

1yu158jlt278.jpg

I'd read somewhere that you could put a rectangle around the controls to stop this happening but this doesn't work for me.

Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers, Tim

Comments

• Options
    postsauravpostsaurav Member Posts: 708
    Hi,

1. Make sure for each textbox have property cangrow and canshrink as False.

There should not be any space between textboxes is the second thing that you can check with.
    Let me know how it goes.

Thanks & Regards,
    Saurav Dhyani

Do you Know this About NAV?

Connect - Twitter | Facebook | Google + | YouTube

Follow - Blog | Facebook Page | Google + Page
  • Options
    Hi Saurav,
    Many thanks for the reply. I checked the properties and they were set already as you said. The fields have been pushed together too. It's very frustrating as like I said we have similar formatted reports that work fine in RTC. The main difference with this one is that it is a US letter sized report the others are A4. I've attached an image showing the RDLC layout of the header section. If i move two of the items to the left as a test then they preview ok. Very strange.

ip0g4ovrh1l7.jpg

mpgxkchwi164.jpg

If you can suggest anything else that would be a great help.
  • Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    try to resize the page by setting "A4ish" margins (size, interactive size and so on).
    Probably the report renderer is trying to fit the data in a a4 letter size sheet.
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
    Hi Belias, I've tried that too. Header/Body width is 19cm. Report width is 21 with left margin 0.5 and right margin of 1cm.
    I might have to give up and start again on this one. :neutral: