Options

Importing 2016 objects into 2009R2

EvREvR Member Posts: 178
Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out the best way to transfer a solution that was built in 2016 to an ancient 2009R2 database.
Obviously a simple fob export/import does not work. When trying a text export/import, the import function crashes on things like DrillDownPageID properties which are not present in 2009R2.

What would be the best way to proceed? Manually work the text exports and delete all illegal properties until the import succeeds or are there any tools available to go from 2015/2016 back to 2009R2?

Regards,
Erik

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    There are no tools for that. Going in opposite directions, there is tool which replace the Form with Page in different properties etc. You will need something in reverse. But even after that, you will not be able to transfer reports (they are totally different), some things in pages (new properties etc.), and many other new features which does not exist in older version. It means, you will still need to develop many thing on your own.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    Thanks. I was already counting on that but I thought, why not ask the experts at mibuso :)
    I guess we'll try to transfer the tables and codeunits via text exports, removing all the unsupported properties first. And re-create all the user interfaces.
  • Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,503
  • Options
    Good point... I'm not familiar with how licenses are created for customers.
    We have a set range of ID's for our solution. Is it not possible for new customers to get licensed for our addon in 2009 using those same ID's?
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    depends on which ID range it is. But do not forget that to be able to add Granule into NAV 2009 the customer must pay BREP and the addon must be registered for NAV2013/2015/2016 (and it means CfMD else you will pay for the objects) - change since August 2015.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    I know. We'll take care of CfMD. We've done it before :smile:
    The addon will not have a huge footprint in NAV and we do not change any standard NAV objects.