Options

How to create a method with parameters for use within a NAS

daansdaans Member Posts: 21
Hi,

In NAV 2016 (but I guess it'll be the same for NAV 2013/2015) I try to execute a method with parameters from a NAS Service:

qn3ivzz5i0hg.png

However, I get the following error:

ycm3788a0h1f.png

My function looks as following:

rghwnx74oqtg.png

I've already taken a look at the "old" NAV 2015 function "NASHandler" and tried to use the same structure, but without success. I've also looked for any documentation on this subject, but I can't seem to find any that explains the required function definition.

Any ideas?

Answers

• Options
    abhinav0408abhinav0408 Member Posts: 35
    Hi Daans,

For Startup Argument you need to define for what purpose NAS service will work for.
    Option defined in is "OSYNCH" ,"JOBQUEUE" like that.

For NAS startup Codeunit if its 0 then NAS services is not running, If you provide 1 in that it means When NAS services start, they run the trigger specified by the NAS Startup Method in codeunit 1.
    If you write 450 then it means When NAS services start, they run codeunit 450 (Job Queue - NAS Start Up), and call the method specified by NASStartupMethod

Keeping Startup parameter as Blank means It will run OnRun trigger of codeunit.
    If you define STartNAS in it then NAS services runs the StartNAS method in the NAS Startup Codeunit.
  • Options
    Navitrans_fvetNavitrans_fvet Member Posts: 9
    edited 2015-10-28
    Pls ignore post.