Couple of new Site Q's

JDVyskaJDVyska Member Posts: 179

1) When we hit the Start a Discussion button, but as it turns out, we wanted "Ask a Question", is it possible to change the post type after? If not, is it possible to remove the Discussion so we can replace it?

2) Which BBCodes are enabled in the forums now? I can't quite restore my signature styling the way I had been using it.
JEREMY VYSKA
CEO, Spare Brained Ideas, Göteborg, Sweden
New (April 2021) Getting Started with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Book Available: "Your First 20 Hours with Business Central"

Best Answer

Answers

• JDVyskaJDVyska Member Posts: 179
    (I might even suggest that have the Discussion button drop down with only one other option is not intuitive. If only one can be shown, instead of just having 2 more obvious buttons for the two types, having Ask a Question be the default would be much better.)
    JEREMY VYSKA
    New (April 2021) Getting Started with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central Book Available: "Your First 20 Hours with Business Central"
    To give more clarity on point 2, I would often do something like:

(url=)(color)(size)Name(/size)(/color)(/url).

This allowed me to format the signature a bit more readibly, such as having company name be smaller than personal name. The color would also (previously) override the outer URL. The color currently does not override the link, whether inside or outside of the URL tags.
    JEREMY VYSKA
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    JDVyska wrote: »

1) When we hit the Start a Discussion button, but as it turns out, we wanted "Ask a Question", is it possible to change the post type after? If not, is it possible to remove the Discussion so we can replace it?

2) Which BBCodes are enabled in the forums now? I can't quite restore my signature styling the way I had been using it.

1. Don't think so.
    2. Why don't you click the BBCode link which appears when you make a new posting? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBCode
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
    edited 2015-11-02
    I did click the BBCode link. There are several in that list that do not work or do not work as expected, as they previously had worked under phpBB.

Style does not work. Table does not work either.

Color does not work to override the color of urls, which had previously worked. Example:
    [color=#FF0000][url]http://example.org[/url][/color]

renders as:
    http://example.org

Color does not work in signatures, which also used to work.

Edit: I realize not all things will work as they had. I really like the new forums, both in speed and design. I raise these as issues I've noticed. If they are "working as intended", it's fine, I just want to make sure the change is by choice. I will miss these options if that's the decision, but it's minor.

Here's that full BBCode list as it currently renders in the Vanilla Forums version of Mibuso, for reference for anyone:
    • bolded text
    • italicized text
    • underlined text
    • strikethrough text
    • http://example.org
    • Example
    • 100px-Go-home.svg.png
    • author wrote:
      quoted text
    • monospaced text

• [style size="15px"]Large Text[/style]
    • [style color="red"]Red Text[/style]
    • [style color=#FF0000]Red Text[/style]
    • Red Text

table 1
    table 2

table 3
    table 4

JEREMY VYSKA
    Awesome. I saw some of the testing posts. I appreciate you looking into it!
    JEREMY VYSKA