Options

Block Lot No. in unique entries

RallnusRallnus Member Posts: 79
Dear colleagues

our vendors are delivering several times the same lot information no. We want to block a single delivery.

When you are using the lot no. information card, you can block a single lot no. If you do this, you are not able to move this lot anymore. I am looking for experiences regarding blocking of single entries.

I am thinking about extending the lot no. information table key with one field or extending the ledger entries.
an organisational solution could be to handle internal lot Information numbers and provide the external numbers into the entries.

Has someone already done this Job?
Rallnus (Yamaha FJ1200 - '89 / 25th anniversary was great!)

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Do not extend the table key. It is way to hell...

It is better to assign internal Lot no. when you receive the items and work with this information. You will just add the "vendor Lot No." somewhere.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    RallnusRallnus Member Posts: 79
    Year, this seems to be the softest way. Would you recommend to Transfer the external Lot no. into the entries?
    Rallnus (Yamaha FJ1200 - '89 / 25th anniversary was great!)
  • Options
    jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    Hi Rallnus,

you can always look up the external lot no. (from Lot No. Information) or add a flowfield for this where needed.

with best regards

Jens
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Depends on how you will work with it. E.g. when filtering the entries based on this etc.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.