Options

Warehouse posting receipt not posting

KarenhKarenh Member Posts: 209
Some users sometimes cannot post warehouse receipts from POs. As a super user I always can. The users don't get an error - just a message that 0 out of 1 document posted. It is possibly a permission problem. Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    neilgfneilgf Member Posts: 148
    Hi.
    Are the users set up as warehouse employees and with the location code as per the PO?
    Neil
  • Options
    matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    I second checking the above. If the user is not setup as a Warehouse Employee for the same location as the receipt they will not be able to post it. You can double check this by having the user go to the Warehouse Receipts screen. If they can't see the receipt there then they won't be able to post it from anywhere.
  • Options
    KarenhKarenh Member Posts: 209
    We solved the problem. There is a Warehouse Setup field: Receipt Posting Policy. The setting was Posting errors are not processed. That setting caused errors to not be displayed. We changed it to Stop and show the first posting error.

We could then see what was preventing the receipt posting. The first error was because the user did not have insert permission to the Purchase Comment Line table. The next error was because the user did not have insert permission to the Purchase Comment Line Archive table. Easily resolved.

I don't know why any company would choose not to display the errors. The setting in this situation was done by the solution provider (I am free-lance developer). The management knew nothing about this, but are happy now to have receipt posting working.