Options

RDLC report page size changing between companies of same DB

Andy_SmithAndy_Smith Member Posts: 31
edited 2015-09-14 in NAV Three Tier
NAV 2015

I have an unusual issue where I have a stub/stub/check report that uses most of the space available. My original testing of the page did involve extensive fine tuning for the usual issues with overrunning the page and I have it working nicely - for one company. If the user switches company (same user, same workstation, same printer) and tries to print, they get a message asking to load A4 and the page truncates the very bottom of the check, which happens to be where the MICR coding is. It does not run over to a second page, it just truncates the bottom (I can see the very top of the MICR code). I have verified that report selections and printer selections are the same for both companies.

The page size is set to 8.5x11 in the RDLC and there's no override on the report properties in the NAV development environment. So somehow switching from company A to company B causes the report to think something about the printer is changing the page size. Company A prints fine, Company B with same object truncates the bottom. The user is not using terminal server but is an actual workstation.

I can't find anything in the company properties that would do this. Anybody have any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    apertierraapertierra Member Posts: 61
    If you are using the same computer with the same windows user and same printers installed (so we can discard a problem due different envirionment) you might need to check if it's printing, in first place, the same report.
    Usually the check report to use is based on the setup. You should check if the bank account you use in both companies has the same check report selected, and if they are both setup the same way. Maybe the problem is not the report being truncated, but that it's selecting a different report with less information (like check/stub) for that one you are testing :)
    (to make sure that's not the issue, you could always add a test label on the one you want to use so you can see if that's the same printing where you get the problem or not).
  • Options
    Andy_SmithAndy_Smith Member Posts: 31
    Thanks for the reply apertierra, but I'm afraid that I'd already thought of that. I did verify just in case, but it is also a very distinctively customized check report, and except for the fact that it seems to think the page size is different it prints all the other custom elements just fine.